Friday, June 22, 2012

Painting from life

Study from life

San Juan Capistrano around 2000. CAC paint out
1994. Baby Lairs sleeping. Painted while we were staying in Paris, FR on Runaway









El Matador







Studies trying to use more of a Fragonard palette for Rapunzel (Disney 2010)












This is actually a study trying to use more of a Fragonard palette for Rapunzel (Disney 2010)



More studies for Rapunzel. Palette used is Y Ochre, Aliz Crimson, Ivory Black and White


Quickie painting of Emilie MacDonald.


Quickie painting of Emilie MacDonald.



1995ish. Painted at BMAI




Christopher Aponte from a Mark Daily class at Disney.



This was the initial painting of Laura Sellers reading.
I don't know if this ever saw the light of day in a gallery (Gallery owner bought it before it was ever exhibited)



Final painting of Laura reading (No. Neither of these were painted from life. Ha!!)















More studies done for the Rapunzel palette



More studies done for the Rapunzel palette







Painted in Ralph Oberg's workshop 1999-2000-ish


Arizona. Outside of Phoenix (Ray Roberts workshop 1999-ish)



Arizona. Outside of Phoenix (Ray Roberts workshop 1999-ish)





Bad Attitude. Self Portrait-limited palette




Study from Mark Daily's class at SAS around late 90's





More studies in the Fragonard palette. In this study is the worst drawing of a flower...ever.



Clark Allen....RIP







More studies on my own from the Fragonard palette (for Tangled). Or something like that...



Goat butt. Painted from life. Late 1990's?


More studies on my own from the Fragonard palette (for Tangled).



Kevyn Wallace. A true gem of a human being who left us way to soon. I thought I didn't have this painting anymore--but I was wrong. Painted alongside the brilliant Sunny Apinchapong in his studio. RIP, brother Kevyn.





Scottsdale Artist School Open Studio. I took Ray Roberts and Mark Daily back to back (this was around 1999-2000-ish). Mark is still one of my all time favorite painters. Too smart for his own good.


A couple of self portraits (I try to paint the night before my class). 

This is the only guy stupid enough to pose for me.






1 comment:

  1. These are really great. You were an amazing painter even back in the early Art Center days! Thanks for sharing those. They inspire me.

    ReplyDelete